Pages

Monday 4 November 2013

New Arty Chic - Heather McMahon


Well how exciting is this!  We will be having Heather McMahon play along with the premier kits, so now, not only do you get instructions and videos from me to create 3 layouts with the kit, you also get to learn different techniques from Heather, and inspiration to create 3 different layouts if you wish!

Heather will be adding a new layout each week for you all to enjoy.

So for those that don't know Heather, here is a little about her:

I began scrapping in 1999 when a friend dragged me along to a Creative Memories class. I was hooked from the start. I have always kept albums of our special times and I loved that I could display those photos in a creative way.

With two young children and helping with our family business, I found it very hard to find the time to scrap. I tried, unsuccessfully, to keep my albums up to date. From very early on I subscribed to the various scrapping magazines and I got a lot of my inspiration from these.

A couple of years ago I realised that with two independent (sort of!) teens I had more time on my hands and I made a conscious decision to devote more time to learning new techniques and experimenting with products. Since then, my style has become more and more arty. At the moment I’m addicted to stencils, texture paste and sprays. It’s rare that any recent layout doesn’t have one or all three of these on it.

I have been lucky enough to have been on the Manor House Design team and currently design for Scrap Everything, an online scrapping store. I write a regular article, “Workshop Secrets”, for Scrapbooking Memories magazine and occasionally contribute articles to Australian Scrapbook Ideas magazine. I’ve also been published in Scrapbook Creations, Creating Keepsakes and Australian Cardmaking, Stamping and Papercraft.

The highlight of my ‘career’ so far has definitely been winning the Scrapbooking Memories Masters. What an exciting year it’s been! An added bonus of this is that I’ve met a lot more scrappy ladies and have made some wonderful friends who I would never have met otherwise. I’ll always treasure these relationships with people who understand my scrapping addiction! And it is an addiction. My family calls me a scrapping junkie!

You can check out more inspiration from her on her blog


Stay tuned for the first of Heather's layouts with the Be Happy kit!

No comments:

Post a Comment