Pages

Thursday 6 February 2014

My Magical Scrappy Adventure

Hi there. It's Heather here. I hope you're not sweltering too much in this endless heat.

I've been having fun with a kit called "Magical Adventure". It's available at the Scrappy Chat Designs site here. I LOVE the papers in this kit! They are so versatile! And you get Goosebumps, Fireworks spray, Metallic Melts and a stencil. Yum!

I was really inspired by the Magic theme of the papers. The world's best magician (well we think so anyway) is a friend of ours and did us a favour by performing at my niece's party. He was amazing! I just had to make the layout about him.

Here it is:


I really worked with the papers on this one. I looked for sayings and pics that I could cut out of the papers - there were heaps of them to choose from.I layered them up ensuring I left some of the film strip showing to place my journalling on.



Here's how I made the background. I first tested the Fireworks spray on the back of the layout as most sprays don't hold their true colour on black. Sure enough, even though Fireworks colours are supposed to pop on black, this yellow turned gold. I didn't mind the gold colour though - it still coordinated with my papers so I went ahead with it. First I gave it a few sprays through the stencil then I flipped the stencil over and blotched it onto the cardstock. I then squirted some Goosebumps over the cardstock. Goosebumps is a liquid spray that you simply squirt on and it adds texture to the page. It's so easy! While the Goosebumps was still wet, I sprinkled over some of the Metallic Melts and melted them with my dryer. They stuck to the Goosebumps so I didn't need to use any other glue. This might sound like complicated procedure when you read it, but in reality it's very simple and the whole background only took me a few minutes to make.



The only things that weren't in the kit that I used to make this page were a couple of star punches and some black letters on the 'is for". The rest is all from the kit and I've still got oodles of products left.


I hope you can get a little magic from this kit too! If you'd like to order it just email orders.scrappychatdesigns@gmail.com



Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment