Pages

Thursday 20 August 2015

It's Less About the Cards You've Been Dealt!

Hello again my Scrappy Chat friends. Fiona here with you again with a creation from the "A Time to Dream" kit.
I absolutely love the Kaisercraft Clock mask and the beads in the kit and I also wanted to have a play with the Color Burst just to see what it could do. So this layout is all about experimentation

.The lampshades on the paper really stood out to me. I wanted to make them a feature of my layout so I cut them out and used the beads to create their pendants. 


With the Kaisercraft Clock mask/stencil, I covered the whole background using brown distress ink and a blending technique with the foam blending tool. Next I mixed some of the colour burst powder in with some modelling paste and transferred it over the blending using the mask again. I love the depth that it gave to the background.


I then made my own spray by adding some of the color burst into a spritz bottle filled with water and sprayed over the top of the clocks.

 

It was coming together now but I wanted more colour so I sprayed over the top of my page with water and then sprinkled some of the powder over the top. The effect was awesome!



The colours literally burst out when they hit the water leaving a gorgeous effect. So much fun experimenting. Why not give it a go and see what you can come up with!

Until next time xx


1 comment: