Pages

Thursday 23 October 2014

Swing!



Hello! Sandra here again.


Love it when we get to share with you what we create with the new ScrappyChat Designs kits. This month it is my turn to share with you three layouts I have created with the new Charming Kit.
This kit is chockablock FULL of goodness. It truly caters for every style.
Gorgeous papers, stickers, alphas, DecoArt Shimmer Mister, doily, sequins.. etc etc ;-)
AND
X-Press It Sticky Barc!

Before I share my first layout, I would like to share with you a couple of things I learned when I first started playing with this stuff.
The Sticky Barc is REAL wood.. it is a very fine layer,  but it is real wood. With wood grain. I learned that the hard way.
My first thought was.. ooohhh.. wooden flowers!!
ba bouw --- wrong.
(that was supposed to sound like the depressing “wrong” sound from a game show.)
The Sticky Barc is very strong willed, so when I tried to turn these gorgeous die cuts from Spellbinders into blooms it didn’t work, they kept on unwinding.
*sigh

(if anyone knows the trick to this please share with us!! ;-) )
So...Hmmmm.... what next?
Aha!! A faux bow!
So I cut out a couple of ovals and also some rectangles and .....
Ba Bauw.... another mistake!
I forgot that the Sticky Barc has woodgrain, and I had mistakenly cut it out wrong, so that when I tried to fold the oval in half to make the “bow” it went against the grain and it snapped.
*sigh
Can you see how I have cut it wrong?? You will have to look very carefully.



hmmm.... well.. I will just cut it so that when I fold it, I fold it WITH the grain....


and then staple them together.. making sure not to crease the folded end.
I embossed one of the wooden circles that come in the kit with
 Beck BT Tinby Designs Metallic Melts in 
Gold Nugget (you can purchase it in the online store)
I then assembled the bow.
By first stapling the folded oval to the base.. like this
(it looks a bit rough huh?)


and then repeated with the other oval and base.
And then I peeled back the adhesive backing (cool!! ) from the base ...


and stuck it onto the layout with the gold embossed circle as the centre.
 I then assembled the layout.. using the DecoArt Shimmer Mister and the same Beck BT Tinby Designs Metallic Melts and some ink and a stencil to create the background. And (finally!) here is the finished layout....






If you would like more information about this kit or to order any of the Beck BT Tinby Designs Metallic Melts, check out the website here.   We also have a kit club membership which lasts for 3 months and you are guaranteed not to miss out on kits as they are released, e-mail orders.scrappychatdesigns@gmail.com for all the info.  Don't forget aside from all the yummy products, you get three instructional videos, written instructions, photos of each layout (including detail photos) with each kit!





No comments:

Post a Comment