Pages

Thursday 6 November 2014

Going Our Way?

 
 
Hello!
Sandra here again with my third layout using the Charming kit.
and it is a great kit don't you agree?
I decided to have a bit of fun with this layout and experimented with the back ground.

I'm not sure if you can see it in the above photo but the technique I tried does give a fantastic affect full of texture
 
To achieve the look all I did was gesso a 12x12 piece of white cardstock (I just lightly wipe gesso over it with a baby wipe)
I then randomly added some texture paste with a stencil

 
(sorry about the photo quality... I took this with my phone)
 
Then once dry I added WATERED DOWN
Turquoise  DecoArt Shimmer Spray and mint gelato
 

 
(I also concentrated the gelato onto the texture paste by applying it directly onto it, this helps make it stand out)
I added a spritz of water everywhere (yes this is a WET technique!!)
I then placed a piece of cling film on top of it and with my fingers massaged it around, making creases and blending it all together.
Then I put it aside to dry.. This is VERY important.
Do not be tempted to lift the cling film off until it is completely dry.
 


I left mine to dry overnight.

Once it is dry, carefully peel off the cling film and enjoy the results.
 
 
I added some gold flecks of ink.

I trimmed my layout to 8.5 x 11 inches and with the left over piece I altered the chipboard circle and created a button with it.. and also punched out some other circles to add some extra interest.
 
 
(I gessoed the chipboard circle and used it for my journalling. )
and altered the butterfly with a Uni gold pen.
 
I had a lot of fun creating the background.. why not give it a go yourself?
 
 
If you're interested in finding out more about these kits email orders.scrappychatdesigns@gmail.com or check out the website here.
 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment