Pages

Thursday 29 January 2015

Benny

Hello!
Sandra here today with my next layout to share with you.
Oh my.. it seems like ages! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you all well for the New Year.. (eek.. which we are already a month into!)
My layout to share with you is a layout created using the December Fun and Free kit.

I experimented a bit with the alcohol inks and the stencil that came in the kit.
First I tried using different mediums for the base on a spare sheet of white card. 
I tried using nothing, gesso and Jo Sonjas Clear Glaze Medium which I had bought by mistake a while ago (I thought it was clear gel medium!! doh! should of gone to Spec Savers! )
I covered some with gesso, some with the glaze and left the others unchanged.
I played with some impasto the alcohol inksand stencils, stamping, mists and found I quite liked the affect of the glaze, with the impasto, stencil, ink and mists down the bottom.  

so I gathered my material....


and using a baby wipe I covered the base of the white cardstock in the kit with a coat of the clear glaze medium.

I then added the impasto using a knife and a stencil. (* note to self.. put one of those cool palette knives on my shopping list!)


allow to dry.. or heat gun it.
add a bit of stamping using the Kaisercraft little triangle  stamp from the Rustic Goodness kit.
and then add some drops of the alcohol ink.


and then, while it is still semi wet add some yellow mist (not in the kit)


Heat gun dry.
Being careful not to make the impasto bubble.. but then again... that could look rather cool!!
;-)
Here are some close ups of the finished effects.






I hope this encourages you to grab a spare piece of paper, gather your mixed media materials
and..
Just play!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Scrappy Chat Designs Kit club Membership (e-mail us to purchase):

This lasts for 3 months is $135 and includes 3 kits at 5% off and postage for all 3 kits (they are released monthly).  As a member you also get ‘insider’ info on what is coming up in the next kit – sometimes even a pic! You get additional 'Technique sheets' showing you more techniques you can nail with the product in the kit from the talented Arty Chic's.  You are also guaranteed the kits which do sometimes sell out VERY quickly.  If you are interested in membership, you need to pay the membership fee by the 30thof the month prior.  So to commence in February (next kit to be released) you need to have your membership fee paid by 30th December - given the holiday break, I am extending this date to 10th January - Just email for this deal orders.scrappychatdesigns@gmail.com 

Current Kit stocks:
Check out our website for up to date information in kits available.  You can search for kits only by heading to the 'Products' page and selecting 'kits' from the search bar on the left.
 For more kits and other products visit our website www.scrappychatdesigns.com.au 

No comments:

Post a Comment