Pages

Thursday 19 June 2014

Dreams Imagined, 25yrs.

Hello
Sandra here again!
How awesome is the Dreams Imagined Kit?
I fell in love with it as soon as I opened my happy mail from Beck,  the colours are just divine.
For my first layout I went for quite a simple look.
I had some fun with the background and tried something a little different with the awesome piece of Twiddleybitz lattice chipboard


Here is how I created it.

Firstly I trimmed the grey cardstock to 29.5cm x29.5cm.
I cut out the centre of the IMAGINE paper and used this to matt the grey cardstock.

Using the Kaisercraft stamps I first randomly stamped the edges and the layout with white ink.
and then I repeated this with black ink.
I added some white, orange and aqua watered down water colours splats to add a bit of colour to the background... they look awesome against the grey!


Next I created the chipboard flower.
I painted the entire chipboard piece with white matte  spray paint.

(you can use which ever medium you like.. I am an impatient person and I find that spray paint gives great coverage and is also fast drying )
Then.....






1.       Cut out your 5 diamonds from the lattice (I only used 5 because I knew that the flower would be tucked under the photo.. but to make a complete flower cut out 6 diamonds.
   2.  Glue the diamonds onto the piece of Imagine paper that you cut out earlier.
3.  Fussy cut around the your flower.
4.  I found a plain white button in my stash and embossed it using the silver  TINBY METALLIC MELTS in the kit.
I then assembled the layout as seen in the photo.

To help the title stand out I outlined it with white gel pen




Next I created the butterflies.
I simply used the gorgeous butterfly stamp that is in the kit with  Staz on Ink and stamped it on the piece of white card in the kit.
then...

On an acrylic block I added some mint gelato and then sprayed it with water. I blended it with a paintbrush and then simply painted the stamped image, blotting any excess water with a baby wipe.
Then I fussy cut the butterflies and added them to my layout.




Added some journaling ...

And my layout is complete!



I hope you have fun creating with your new Dreams Imagined Kit.
And I do hope you share what YOU create with us over on the ScrappyChat Facebook page.
We love to see what the members create using the kits!









No comments:

Post a Comment