Pages

Sunday 11 May 2014

Love this Shot!

*This layout has been removed for publication*

Hi everyone!!
Sandra here with my share of what I created using April's "Picture Perfect Today" Kit.
I thought I might share with you how I created those yummy textured dots on my background using
TINBY DESIGNS  METALLIC MELTS and also how to make your own "enamel" dots using the iRESISTible spray .. BOTH of which come with the kit.

Firstly I gathered these few things



I used the Filter Tips as a stamp.
(I think this is where I should put in a health warning about the damage that smoking can cause to your and your families health.. but hey.. no harm in using them as stamps is there?? :-) )

First load up your tip using the VersaMark


Then stamp on  your layout


Liberally sprinkle with TINBY DESIGNS METALLIC MELTS


Tip the residue back into your container to use again another time.


Melt your dots using your heat gun


On the photo you can see where I accidently (love happy accidents) sprinkled some of the MELTS onto the plasterers tape .. LOVE the effect it gave.. (putting THAT in my memory banks for later. ;-) )


To create the "enamel" dots I simply "plopped" drops of the irRESISTibles onto the layout.
if you allow it to drop onto the page it creates a domed affect.. if you touch the end onto the paper you achieve a flat affect.

Allow the dots to air dry.. if you are impatient like me you will find that all that happens is that it starts to "snap crackle and pop" and you don't get the enamel dot affect.

I also sprayed the irRESISTibles onto the background to create more texture.

LOVE playing with both the MELTS and the irRESISTibles.. and I know you will too!


Thank for stopping by

If you do use one of the fantastic Scrappy Chat Designs kits why not share it with us on the Scrappy Chat designs facebook page ( the link is up the top there on the right) or right here in a comment??
We would LOVE to see it!
So leave us a link and we'll pop around and say hello!

Until next time
Sandra
x












2 comments:

  1. This is an awesome page Sandra. LOVE those little dots. You are so clever and creative xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed reading how you made the dots & the filters!!!! Such a GORGEOUS page:):)

    ReplyDelete